Sunday, November 2, 2008

My First Blog Tag!

The saddest thing about this is I probably don't have 6 people to tag! But here goes... 6 RANDOM things about me :

1. I am ridiculously obsessed with handmade things. I know, not really random, but I am constantly looking for new DIY (do-it-yourself) projects to tackle. I also am in the process of opening my own ETSY shop where I will attempt to sell some of my handmade lovelies.

2. I have a shopping impulse about clearance items. I can always justify buying something if it is 70% off...even if I don't need it. Probably not the best mantra.

3. I too (like Abbie) am addicted to Sharpies at Fine Point Flair Markers. Like completely. My mom just ordered me 3 packs. Haven't opened them or used them because they are just so nice looking in the package. I can't stand when they get worn down either- they are no good to me anymore. But I do have some showcased in an old soup can.

4. Speaking of soup cans, I frequently save cool glass jars or bottles and sometimes cans for recycling purposes (like Ragu sauce and tonic water bottles). Some jars are so cute to use as little vases for one or two flowers. Just doing my part to save the world!

5. I collect Eric Carle children's books (ya know, The Very Hungry Caterpillar guy...) and have almost all of them! He is by far my favorite children's author and would LOVE (wink wink) to go to his museum in New York.

6. I am a grammar nazi. I can not stand when people use the wrong tense of words. For example, saying "seen" for every form of see/saw. "I seen him at the store." OMFG. Can't-STAND-it! I also cringe when people end a sentence in a preposition..."where are you at?" UGHHH- I guess it is the reading teacher in me :) But I probably wouldn't correct you, unless you were a good friend, so watch out.

7-8-9-10. I love love love squirrels, home decor, the pistons, and am a crazy hockey fan.

I tag:
John Amato
(because he is the only other person who reads this blog!)

4 comments:

The Stevers said...

yea seth was with eric's sister...adrienne palicki :) they drank at the hilton afterwards...dan has a man crush!! haha we would have went but didnt want to take clare to the bar!

lou + you said...

ohh that's a nice bar! i think it is called 31hundred...you can have a drink there at our wedding!

Scribbles and Splatters said...

Lindsay I love reading your blog :)

I hope you get an etsy store up soon (I'm obsessed with Etsy!) Abbie and I wanted to ask you if could make Lily and Clare cool flower beanie hats :)

juplife said...

i've never been blog tagged before. what exactly and i supposed to do.