Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW DAY!

Since this is my first official "snow day" at my new teaching position... I have no excuse not to upload the blog, as I have been rather busy since school is out for the semester
(all A's-- booyah).

First, photos of our first Christmas tree together (yes, we realize cohabitation is against Catholic doctrine... as we were retold this at our FOCUS meeting with our priest. tisk. tisk.)


i spy a cute little squirrel... do you?

Justin felt the need to be cheesy as possible- since I made him pose.

Our festive, cozy little abode.


And on to the big news... I busted out the GOCCO today! Let me explain what a geek I am... I was seriously shaking-- I have heard horror stories of bad first experiences and didn't want that. I couldn't believe how awesome this machine is! It went so well... Here is what I created:

obviously excited to get started-- don't mine my hawt appearance...


inking the napkins-- look at those guns


100 napkins!!!! exactly the way I wanted them


100 with the other design


close up

I swear to goodness if I see people throwing these away at the reception, I will cry! Just kidding-- it only took me like 20 minutes to make all of these. I HEART GOCCO!!

next up: COASTERS


We also came into 97 mason jars-- for free. Did I mention FREE. Like totally free. Who knows what these would of cost me... But they are so quirky, odd and perfect for our centerpieces... I can't wait to fill them with beautiful flowers :)

We also have been engaged for 1 whole year today! (totally missing NYC)

In case I catch the lazy bug over the next week, have a lovely Christmas and a fantastic new year. I hope to see you at the 3rd annual Christmas cocktail party extravaganza on Friday!!




2 comments:

Scribbles and Splatters said...

Oh I LOVE the napkins! I promise not to throw mine away :) LOL
You are doing such a good job with the wedding planning- I'm getting so excited about the wedding and already have the dress picked out :)

The Stevers said...

LOVE THEM...great job martha!!